Brave Browser Fast and secure web browser  
No external plugins or adjustments required! The Brave web browser simply offers the most secure and incredibly fast web browser. Enjoy browsing without pop-ups YouTube or Web Advertising (pop-up blocker), malware and other annoyances.

¡Download Free!

Virus alert for JB Hi-Fi as NSW records 10 new COVID cases

1 week ago 8

Five new health alerts have been issued in western Sydney and the Blue Mountains after 10 new cases of coronavirus were diagnosed in New South Wales up to 8pm on Tuesday night.

The alerts cover sporting grounds, a gym, a bowling club and a popular JB Hi-Fi store.

Anyone who was at JB Hi-Fi in Penrith Plaza on September 13 from 4pm to 4.30pm is considered a casual contact and advised to monitor for symptoms and get tested and isolate immediately if any arise.

Two of the new cases announced on Wednesday visited the Springwood Sports Club in Springwood on September 12 from 1 to 2pm and Lawson Oval in Lawson on September 13 from 10.30am to 12.45pm.

Anyone who was at either of these venues at the times noted is considered a casual contact and must monitor for symptoms and get tested if they develop.

People who were at the sports club and oval who are considered close contacts are being contacted by NSW Health. Anyone considered a close contact must immediately isolate and get tested for COVID-19. They must remain in isolation for a full 14 days, even if the test result is negative.

Another new case attended Hunters Hill Bowling Club on September 8 from 6.50pm to 9pm.

NSW Health is contacting all patrons who were at the venue at this time to review their exposure and identify any close contacts.

Anyone who was at the venue at this time should be alert for symptoms and immediately get tested if any develop or have developed since this exposure and stay isolated until a negative test result is received.

A previously reported case visited Anytime Fitness in Casula on September 11 from 10.15am to noon. Anyone who attended the gym during this time is considered a casual contact.

Of Wednesday’s 10 new cases, six are returned travellers in hotel quarantine and four are locally acquired and linked to a known case or cluster – meaning there were no new mystery cases recorded in the 24- hour period.

One of Wednesday’s new cases is a close contact of a previously confirmed case linked to the CBD cluster.

The patient had completed self-isolation before developing symptoms and had previously tested negative. Contact tracing is under way.

Three cases are linked to an emergency worker from the Concord emergency department, including a student at Blue Mountains Grammar School, who attended the school while infectious late last week, a household contact who did not attend school while infectious and a close contact of the student who did not go to school.

Contact tracing at the school is under way, and students in years 10, 11, and 12 have moved to online learning until after the school holidays.

Earlier on Wednesday, Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack announced NSW would take an extra 500 returned travellers per week – but Premier Gladys Berejiklian clarified this would only happen if other states picked up some of the slack.

“I‘ve agreed on the basis that the other states double what they’re currently taking, so that would mean that Queensland and WA would have to go from around 500 a week to 1000 a week,” she said.

“It would still only be about a third of what NSW was doing, but it certainly means that they‘d be sharing the load more.”

She said Prime Minister Scott Morrison had “assured” her this would be the case.

“We are citizens of Australia, we want to move forward,” she said, noting she had the police commissioner’s support to increase the caps.

Restrictions along the NSW/Victoria border will also be eased, with more towns to be included in the bubble, after Premier Daniel Andrews announced regional Victoria could move forward with easing their lockdown restrictions.

Read Entire Article